Smoky Mountain Model Works, Inc.
Asheville, North Carolina USA
Creating 20th Century Models Using 21st Century Technology
Smoky Mountain Model Works, Inc. Asheville, NC 28805
Ph.: (828) 777-5619 (10-5 M-F) Email: email@example.com
Southern and Norfolk Southern
GS50/G82 Wood Chip Hopper
Formerly produced by Crosstie Models in 2018 (body casting made by Smoky Mtn Model Works), these popular kits sold out within five months. SMMW is now re-issuing them as LIMITED RUN KITS produced in batches based on market demand and **ONLY** available directly from SMMW.
Southern cars were built by GSC in 1985. N&W-NS cars were built by Trinity Industries in 1990 (Trinity bought GSC in 1986).
Each kit includes:
- 1-piece cast urethane body (grey only)
- Plano Models etched metal crossover platforms
- Detail parts (brakes, ladders, stirrups, styrene strip)
- * Brass weight (was steel)
- * Phosphor Bronze wire for brake system (new)
- * Kadee "Shelf" couplers (was McHenry)
- * Kadee 36" code 88 wheelsets (was Intermountain)
- * Tichy sideframes (was Accurail)
- * Mini-CD packed with detailed instructions and (23)
prototype photos to aid construction (was paper)
- Decals spanning 1985 or 1990 to present, including AAR
(*) indicates change from previous kits
Order Kit #87-G7 for Southern decals
Order Kit #87-G8 for NS/N&W decals
Either kit is $60.00 plus USPS Priority shipping
(RTR models or kits with blue- or black-tinted castings are no longer offered.)
** UPDATED 2/28/2020 **
Current production of (75) kits is sold out. Send me an email (link at bottom of this page) including:
- your mailing address
- quantity of kits you want
I will add your name to the reservation list. Once the tally reaches 20-25 kits, you will receive an emailed invoice for your order.